Forex Nirvana Forum - Helping you reach forex enlightenment

MT4 platform problems

This is a discussion on MT4 platform problems within the MetaTrader 4 forums, part of the Trading Platforms category; Ok here is goes, I'll try to explain this the best I can without making mass confusion. Something happened to ...

Cheap, Reliable, Low Latency, and Easy to Use Forex VPS Solution

(This is our own - Forex Nirvana - solution)

Sponsors

banner

Forex VPS

Forex Brokers

Go Back   Forex Nirvana Forum - Helping you reach forex enlightenment > Trading Platforms > MetaTrader 4

The Path to Forex Enlightenment

MetaTrader 4 Discussions about the popular MetaTrader 4 forex trading platform from MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Forex Nirvana Economic Calendar

(Click on the arrow to the right to expand calendar)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Super Duper Super Moderator

Default MT4 platform problems

Ok here is goes, I'll try to explain this the best I can without making mass confusion.

Something happened to my demo MT4 (TadawulFX) platform that is preventing it from connecting the the server. After many attempts to fix it I decided to uninstalled the platform and reinstalled it. Well after I do that it works just fine until I close the platform or try to install an EA into it. When I click on the desktop icon it opens up an old demo account that I deleted and it won't connect. And when I try to install an EA it puts it into the old deleted account.

So to sum it up, when installing new platform it works till I close it. When I open it back up it opens the old demos accounts that I have deleted and will not connect to the server.

I have uninstalled all demo accounts even with other brokers, did an aggressive registry cleaning, turned off fire wall, manually searched for every file to delete, spent two hours with the brokers tech support and they can't even help figure it out.

I guess after this my next project is to learn coding lol. Can someone shed some light on this before I format my computer?

http://mystikdragon7.mt4stats.com/
mystikdragon7@forexnirvana.com
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jayman
Default Re: MT4 platform problems

I use a program called CCleaner that goes through and gets rid of a lot of junk files.

Also, run a file search for accounts.ini to see if it shows you any places you may not have looked at when manually cleaning.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayman For This Useful Post:
mystikdragon7 (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks Jayman for the info. I searched for accounts.ini and found 8 files and deleted them all. I downloaded that CClener and it sure did a good job at cleaning the crap out of my laptop. But unfortunately it still didn't work. When I got rid of all that crap in my laptop I thought it was going to finally work. I downloaded a new demo account and of coarse it worked just fine. When I closed it and opened it back up the same damn thing happened again. It still won't connect and it is showing an old demo account that I deleted. Even though I obviously haven't installed any EA's, indicators, or templates, on one of the screens it brings up an old template I had saved with Forex Rebellion. So I have Forex Rebellion on one of my trading screens that is not really there. When I just opened the demo back up I went to the accounts in the navigator and found my new account. So of coarse I clicked on it and it still won't connect.

Very puzzled and very frustrating

Old 03-24-2010, 03:14 PM

One last idea - change the install directory to something other than the default.

If that still doesn't fix it, it may be time for a clean install as you said.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:21 PM

One more idea - for work I use an app similar to LogMeIn/GotoMyPC to connect remotely and take a look. My day job is IT Manager, but I am not one of those ivory tower ones ... I crawl under desks, clean keyboards, clean viruses, I do it all.

If you want we can get on the phone (I have unlimited long distance!) and look at it together.

PM me if you want to do that. I probably won't be home tonight until after 8pm eastern, or we can do it tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 PM

My FXDD account is in vietnamese. I tried changing the language to no avail. At one time all my accounts were in vietnamese but I manged to get them all to English except FXDD.

So I feel for ya a little, Mystic. I guess I need to learn Vietnamese now! LOl
Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
One last idea - change the install directory to something other than the default.

If that still doesn't fix it, it may be time for a clean install as you said.
LOL I actually tried that before making this thread. When I would change the name it would tell me a file couldn't be found and can't install the program.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
One more idea - for work I use an app similar to LogMeIn/GotoMyPC to connect remotely and take a look. My day job is IT Manager, but I am not one of those ivory tower ones ... I crawl under desks, clean keyboards, clean viruses, I do it all.

If you want we can get on the phone (I have unlimited long distance!) and look at it together.

PM me if you want to do that. I probably won't be home tonight until after 8pm eastern, or we can do it tomorrow.
Yes that sounds like a good plan before I throw my laptop against the wall. PM sent

This has to be a problem with my laptop. I installed a few other broker demo accounts and they won't work either. One will actually work but the other two are doing pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by mystikdragon7; 03-24-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^eagle^ View Post
My FXDD account is in vietnamese. I tried changing the language to no avail. At one time all my accounts were in vietnamese but I manged to get them all to English except FXDD.

So I feel for ya a little, Mystic. I guess I need to learn Vietnamese now! LOl
WOW what a huge pain in the ass! How did something like that happen in the first place and how did you fix it?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:38 PM

O have to say that Jayman is the man!! He helped me fix my MT4 problem and now I'm back on the wild horse trading away! I'll fill in on what happened and Jayman can give the finer details on how we fixed the problem.

I am using Vista 64bit and it uses a "user access control UAC" and for some reason it uses a hidden or virtual storage space. Some how something from MT4 was hidden in this phantom storage area that was preventing me to run MT4. I ran a very aggressive registry cleaner and and turned this UAC off and rebooted. I ran yet another registry cleaner and then installed MT4 and it worked. I then turned back on the UAC and MT4 was inoperable again. I can right click the icon and select "run as administrator" and it would work but I didn't want to have to do that every time I opened my account. Jayman then suggested to move the MT4 file directly to C hard drive. And now it works flawlessly.

Thank you again Jayman!!

Sponsored links